Original upload

Created by

stefan3372

Uploaded by

stefan3372

Virus scan

Safe to use

About this mod

Lore-Friendly Economy changes the costs and prices of all items in the game, trying to stay within the lore as much as possible. No longer will you be able to pile up tons of gold as you progress through the game. Geralt is poor witcher, often staying hungry for that matter, witch is emphasized in the books but not even closely reflected in the gam

Requirements
Permissions and credits
Translations
  • Czech
Changelogs
Donations
 -- OVERVIEW --

Lore-Friendly Economy changes the costs and prices of all items in the game, trying to stay within the lore as much as possible. No longer will you be able to pile up tons of gold as you progress through the game. Geralt is poor witcher, often staying hungry for that matter, witch is emphasized in the books but not even closely reflected in the game. You will now be poor and stay poor, hopefully through the game, and money will be much more important gameplay element.

-- THE PROBLEMS --

1: Role: We all know economy system inside witcher 3 is not the greatest, especially contradicting the role. Many times you will hear during quests how 100 crowns is way expensive (Buying illegal pass for example). Geralt often complains how he has to pay so much or is receiving very little while having 30k + gold in the pockets. In the books we see that small amount like 50 crowns is actually a lot for poor witcher like Geralt.
      2: Selling Junk: Why do any quests in vanilla game when you can just kill 20 bandits take their swords and loots and sell it all. Boom instant money. While my first playthrough i had around 40k spent it all buying whatever, things i don't need, then went to Skellige collected all smuggler cache and instatly had all my money back
      3: Quest gold rewards: actually they are pretty good, following closely the lore in the game, but comparing to the money you earn while just looting and selling, rewards are really shit.
      4: Realism: Who would want to buy half broken bloody sword you looted from some bandit you just tore apart? Most likely no one.

-- WHAT THE MOD ACTUALLY DOES --

Instead increasing the funds of merchants and or the loot, the mod changes the prices and costs of all items systematically. It lowers the prices of all items dramatically, both while selling or buying them. It takes many things into consideration while determining the price of the item. It considers things like type of item, rarity, durability, whether you are selling it or buying it, quality etc.

The mod tries to make the prices follow the quest rewards you will be getting in that area. So prices will eventually get to thousands but not before you start getting bigger quest rewards.

-- RESULT -- 

Now many things you find or loot from corpse, merchants would simply not want to buy, or for minimal price. All money you have will mostly come from quests there fore forcing you to play all side quests. Exploring is still encouraged because you will still be able to get nice price selling rare relic item for example.
     Who do you sell items is now more important because difference of like 5-10 coin now makes big change.
The money you get at the beginning is actually more important now so use it wisely.

-- TWEAKS --

Absolutely everything that mod does can be tweaked or changed to your liking. It comes with mod menu with all changes available for tweaking. With them you can change the economy to how ever you want. Make all selling prices to be 0 all together, or just certain categories, make quest give you bigger rewards if you feel like you have way too little money, increase the costs of items if you feel like you have way too much money and many more things.

-- COMPATIBILITY --

Generally anything that change prices could represent a problem, and might require manual merging.
   -   LFE is now integrated into W3EE
   -   Patch for Ghost Mode has been created
   -   Due to requests i made Zero Sale version: LFEZeroSale. It allows you to sell all items even if their cost is 0.

-- INSTALLATION --

Use my Witcher 3 Mod Installer for automatic install or
Copy everything from the archive into game installation folder overwriting everything it asks. Default presets will be loaded AUTOMATICALLY when you load the save for the first time, after that you can change them as you wish.

-- UPDATING --

First delete old folder modLoreFriendlyEconomy (or modLoreFriendlyEconomyW3EE if using W3EE patch) in /Mods folder, then repeat all the steps just like in installation.

-- NEWS --

All latest and current news will be shown on the sticky post in the Posts Tab of the mod, so read them there

-- CREDITS --

Thanks to WiperDark for helping me test the mod and translating the mod into Russian language

-- Version Progress:-- 
Spoiler:  
Show
New version 1.40 is out
Check Change Log

New version 1.30 is out
Check Change Log

New version 1.24 is out
Check Change Log

New version 1.23 is out
Check Change Log

New version 1.22 is out