Terrible Performance Drop After 1.3.1

I have a 1070 and a I7 7700. Before the patch I was averaging 70-80 FPS in populated areas on very high settings. Since the update, I can no longer get more than 25 in any area of the game and this has effectively broke it for me.

I’ve tried some fixes like verifying my game files, reinstalling the game, changing the values in my user.cfg to no avail. I haven’t seen a lot of people with this issue either so I’m not really sure what is causing this or what can fix it. I’ve tried changing the values for what CPU threads are getting used to no avail

I am enjoying the game despite its many flaws and would love to continue playing after 70 hours but at this point I’m almost ready to give up and move on.

Any assistance or insight would be very appreciated.

I emailed them 4 days ago. Not sure how long it usually takes them to respond but I haven’t gotten one yet. This performance drop occurred before the windows update and no other games have been affected.

I’m quite sure it is patch related. My game pretty much became unplayable after latest update. I’m getting freezes (1-2 sec) every 30 sec in populated areas, even if not doing anything. Maybe next patch will fix it…

I am also experiencing performance drop after 1.3.1. In populated areas (like the main square in Rattay) i got quite strong micro-stuttering, FPS are still OK (40 on high settings), but the stuttering is really noticable and wasn’t there before the update. I’ve got i5-6500 and GTX 1060 6GB. Lowering details to medium doesn’t help - the average FPS go above 70 but the stuttering is still there. I am quite sure it started after the 1.3.1 or 1.3.0 update and the 1.3.2 or 1.3.3 didn’t help. I suspect it might be connected to the “Improved CPU load balancing - better performance.” in 1.3.1.

What’s strange is the first day I played it after the update I didn’t have this issue. Was there a separate update from 1.3 to 1.3.1?

There was if I’m not mistaken a day or so time difference between 1.3 and 1.31

Sounds like that could have been it

Stutter is a big issue, and settings will not help at all. For example even if you cap your FPS at 30 despite having smooth 60 you will still stutter and drop like 8 fps the same as if you were at 60fps in the same location.

It will stutter from 30 to 22 the same it would go from 60 to 52, it’s definitely rendering of towns/people as you can pretty much forget about the issue when out in the wilds as the game seems to be very smooth out there.

B…b…but…pc master race etc etc :rofl:

Such a comment only proves you have no idea what stutter is.

You’re right. It’s something I’ve never experienced on my peasant box.

Am I missing out? :joy:

Yes, you have :slight_smile: This game stutters the exact same on Xbox… So please, quit trolling, your comments are childish and add nothing of substance.

Are you going to offer anything constructive to the thread?